BEHRINGER VIRTUAL AMPLIFICATION BASS V-AMP PRO
The Ultimate Tone Toolbox for Bass / Acoustic / Electric Guitar and Keyboard Amp Modeling
- 32 authentic virtual amp models freely combinable with 23 awesome speaker cabinet simulations
- Stereo multi-effects including ULTRABASS, synth, delay/ loop sampler, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker, voice box, auto wah, phaser, ambience and reverb
- 125 memory locations including original artist presets
- Intuitive user interface with direct display of all essential settings
- Additional effect parameters directly accessible on the unit; Tap-tempo function allows real-time adjustment of effects speed parameter
- 4 renowned distortion and overdrive stomp boxes with adjustable Drive, Tone, Boost and Split
- Can be set up, controlled and monitored via front panel USB connector. Powerful remote software downloadable at behringer.com
- Dedicated wah pedal and studio compressor effects
- Effective Presence, Deep and sweepable Shift/Shape controls for all amp models
- Sweepable 24 dB Butterworth frequency crossover for bi-amping operation
- Adjustable auto-chromatic tuner
- 15 rear panel connectors allow comprehensive routing and suit virtually every conceivable application
- Pre DSP send/return for dry recording and wet monitoring
- Stereo 1/4″ Line outputs controlled by master volume for live use as guitar preamp
- Balanced stereo XLR DI out with ground lift and switchable ULTRA-G cabinet simulation
- Post DSP stereo inserts for connection of external effects
- BNC wordclock input for external sample rate synchronization up to 96 kHz
- MIDI implementation includes program changes, control changes and SysEx, allowing complete MIDI automation through our free Windows editor software downloadable at www.behringer.com
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
If a lack of money and floor space is all that’s been standing between you and a collection of vintage bass amps and effects pedals, get ready to love the rack-mountable BASS V-AMP PRO. It comes loaded with 32 amp models, 23 speaker cabinet models and 16 classic effects.
Any Classic You Like
The BASS V-AMP PRO’s 32 amp models are organized into three groups: CLEAN, ACOUSTIC and GUITAR. Just twist the dedicated dial to plug into unbelievably authentic simulations of the greatest acoustic and electric bass sounds from the 1950s to today. When you select an amp model, a speaker cabinet model is automatically selected. But if you’d prefer a different model, just go to EDIT > CABINETS, then use the BANK UP/DOWN buttons to navigate through all 15 options.
Just like on an actual bass amp, you’ve got a three-band EQ, GAIN, VOLUME and MASTER VOLUME dials. There’s even a COMPRESSOR dial for tight, smooth tone with a variable attack. By holding the TAP button, the TREBLE dial becomes a PRESENCE control. This enables the adjustment of a high-frequency filter that can add or remove a “shimmer” from the BASS V-AMP PRO’s tone.
Top Tone – In Full Effect
The BASS V-AMP PRO gives you flanger, chorus, reverb, delay and 12 other beautiful digital effects to apply to your sound. Adjust the effect’s level in the mix via the EFFECTS dial. To adjust effect parameters, you can rhythmically press the TAP button to alter delay times or LFO speeds, or hold down the TAP button and twist the EFFECTS knob to access e.g. feedback or depth. By using a MIDI pedal, such as the BEHRINGER FCB1010, you can access an additional Wah Wah effect. You can adjust the filter characteristic by entering EDIT mode, selecting the DRIVE menu and turning the EFFECTS knob while holding the TAP button.
Presenting the Presets
All of these elements have been combined into 125 different presets divided into 25 banks, accessible through the BANK UP/ BANK DOWN buttons. Within each bank, you can press buttons A through E to explore its different presets. You can also create and save your own presets. Start by selecting a preset, then making any changes you wish: amp, EQ, effect, etc. The preset LED will begin to flash, indicating that the BASS V-AMP PRO is ready to save your settings. To do this, hold the preset button down for about two seconds. Once the LED stops flashing, you have saved the modified preset. On top of all this, the BASS V-AMP PRO also features a built-in tuner and noise gate. In essence, it’s a Swiss Army Knife for the home recording enthusiast or gigging bassist who can’t seem to settle on a single sound.
Stunning in the Studio
The BASS V-AMP PRO features several configurations that make it an invaluable asset in the studio. Access the configuration menu by pressing the B and D buttons at the same time. Then use BANK UP and BANK DOWN to select a configuration.
When using headphones, the BASS V-AMP PRO will switch into Studio Mode 1 (S1). This stereo mode works well for both monitoring and recording with effects, amp and speaker modeling. It doesn’t apply the additional three-band EQ to the signal, but most recording programs – like energyXT2.5 – have their own EQ. In Studio Mode 2 (S2), the BASS V-AMP PRO sends a signal with amp and speaker simulation, but only the right output has effects. You can either record both left and right outputs to separate tracks, or record the “dry” left output while monitoring the right output.
The BASS V-AMP PRO features myriad routing options. It has a balanced XLR DI out with ground lift and switchable ULTRA-G cabinet simulation, post-DSP stereo inserts for connection o external effects, BNC wordclock input for externals sample rate synchronization up to 96 kHz. There are also AES/EBU and S/PDIF connectors so you can use the BASS V-AMP PRO as an all-purpose audio-to-digital converter with 24-bit/96 kHz digital output.
Stellar on Stage
The BASS V-AMP PRO has three live configurations. When performing live with this device, you can either run it to an amp on stage, run directly to the mixing board, or both. Live Mode 1 is the best choice for running the outputs directly to the mixer, because it applies amp and speaker simulation, effects and an additional 3-band EQ.
Use Live Mode 2 to run the BASS V-AMP PRO into the effects return inputs of 2 different guitar amps. This configuration does not feature speaker simulation, allowing the amplifier’s natural speaker sound to go unaltered. In this scenario, the amps would be mic’d on stage to get the sound to the house speakers, and having a dedicated monitor would be less important. In Live Mode 3, you can send the left output to an amp’s eff ects return for onstage volume, while the right output sends signal to the main mixer for inclusion in the main house mix. Also note that you can press the TAP key while turning the GAIN knob to adjust the input sensitivity to match the output of your guitar’s pickups. If the CLIP LED lights, the input’s sensitivity should be reduced.
Veni, MIDI, Vici
The BASS V-AMP PRO comes fully equipped to fit right into a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) setup. It can be controlled in real time from a computer, or via a MIDI foot controller during a live performance. Its MIDI connectors are international-standard 5-pin DIN connectors. You will need dedicated MIDI cables (not included).
The MIDI IN jack receives MIDI controller data. It can be adjusted in EDIT mode by pressing the A button and then using the arrow keys. MIDI OUT/THRU sends data to a computer. You can transmit both preset data and parameter changes. Some people even use the BASS V-AMP PRO as a remote control for parameters of their DAW or VST instruments, which is more handy than using the mouse alone. If set to MIDI THRU, the V-AMP 2 does not send its own MIDI information, but passes on the signal received at the MIDI IN connector.
So Much Sound, So Little Hassle
It’s hard enough finding another virtual guitar amplifier with this much versatility, let alone one as economical as the BASS V-AMP PRO. This rack-mountable wonder will leave you reeling in your own creativity, with cash to spare for other gear you’ll need along the way to becoming a sonic titan both live and in your home studio.
|Number Of Items||1|
|Part Number||BASS V-AMP PRO|
|Product Group||Musical Instruments|
|Product Type Name||GUITARS|
|Title||Behringer LX1B PRO Bass, Acoustic-Electric Guitar and Keyboard Amp Modeling|
|Warranty||Products are covered by BEHRINGER manufacturer’s warranty within one year of the original date of purchase from an authorized BEHRINGER dealer. If your BEHRINGER product is still under warranty, you must obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number from BEHRINGER before sending your product to an authorized service center for warranty service.|